Medical Genetics: An Integrated Approach – eBook PDF
A complete introductory textbook on how to include basic genetic principles into the practice of clinical medicine
Schaefer and Thompson’s Medical Genetics (ePub/PDF) is the first textbook to emphasize the everyday application of genetic assessment and its diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive consequences in clinical practice. It is aimed to be a text that you can use throughout medical school and refer back to when questions come up during residency and, eventually, practice. Medical Genetics: An Integrated Approach is penned as a narrative where each chapter builds upon the base laid by prior ones. Chapters can also be used as stand-alone learning aids for particular topics. Taken as a whole, this timely ebook delivers a complete summary of genetics in medicine. You will find detailed, expert coverage of such main topics as:
- Genetic therapies
- Mendelian inheritance
- Disorders of organelles
- Genetic testing and screening
- The structure and function of genes
- Key genetic diseases, disorders, and syndromes
Every chapter of Medical Genetics is logically organized into three sections:
- Background and Systems – Features the basic genetic principles needed to understand the medical application
- Case Study Application – Includes case study examples to illustrate how basic principles apply to real-world patent care
- Medical Genetics – Includes all the pertinent information necessary to create a strong knowledge base for being successful on every stage of the USMLE
Today, with every module of health care delivery requiring a working knowledge of basic genetic principles, Medical Genetics is a true must-have for every clinician.
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Medical Genetics: An Integrated Approach in the original PDF. No access codes are included.