Mastering ArcGIS Enterprise Administration: Install, configure, and manage ArcGIS Enterprise to publish, optimize, and secure GIS services by Chad Cooper, ISBN-13: 978-1788296847
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
Publisher: Packt Publishing – (October 27, 2017)
ArcGIS Enterprise, the next evolution of the ArcGIS Server product line, is a full-featured mapping and analytics platform. It includes a powerful GIS web services server and a dedicated Web GIS infrastructure for organizing and sharing your work. You will learn how to first install ArcGIS Enterprise to then plan, design, and finally publish and consume GIS services. You will install and configure an Enterprise geodatabase and learn how to administer ArcGIS Server, Portal, and Data Store through user interfaces, the REST API, and Python scripts.
This book starts off by explaining how ArcGIS Enterprise 10.5.1 is different from earlier versions of ArcGIS Server and covers the installation of all the components required for ArcGIS Enterprise. We then move on to geodatabase administration and content publication, where you will learn how to use ArcGIS Server Manager to view the server logs, stop and start services, publish services, define users and roles for security, and perform other administrative tasks. You will also learn how to apply security mechanisms on ArcGIS Enterprise and safely expose services to the public in a secure manner. Finally, you’ll use the RESTful administrator API to automate server management tasks using the Python scripting language. You’ll learn all the best practices and troubleshooting methods to streamline the management of all the interconnected parts of ArcGIS Enterprise.
– Install and configure the components of ArcGIS Enterprise to meet your organization’s requirements
– Administer all aspects of ArcGIS Enterprise through user interfaces and APIs
– Optimize and Secure ArcGIS Enterprise to make it run efficiently and effectively
What you will learn
– Effectively install and configure ArcGIS Enterprise, including the Enterprise geodatabase, ArcGIS Server, and Portal for ArcGIS
– Incorporate different methodologies to manage and publish services
– Utilize the security methods available in ArcGIS Enterprise
– Use Python and Python libraries from Esri to automate administrative tasks
– Identify the common pitfalls and errors to get your system back up and running quickly from an outage
About the Author
Chad Cooper has worked in the geospatial industry over the last 15 years as a technician, analyst, and developer, pertaining to state and local government, oil and gas, and academia. For the last 3 years, he has worked as a solutions engineer, consulting on the State and Local Government team with Geographic Information Services, Inc. At work, he couldn’t be happier spending the day writing Python and helping clients get the most out of their data through the use of the Esri platform. At home, he enjoys hanging out with his gorgeous wife of 12 years and their 3 wonderful children. They enjoy hiking, fishing, and doing nothing on a nice beach. Chad has a bachelor’s degree from the Mississippi State University and a master’s degree from the University of Arkansas, both in geology.
Table of Contents
– ArcGIS Enterprise Intro and Installation
– Enterprise Geodatabase Administration
– Publishing content
– ArcGIS Server Administration
– Portal for ArcGIS Administration
– Scripting administrative tasks
– The ArcGIS Python API
– ArcGIS Enterprise Best Practices
– Troubleshooting ArcGIS Enterprise Issues and Error
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support