How the Brain Learns 6th Edition by David A. Sousa, ISBN-13: 978-1071855362
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Corwin; Sixth edition (February 10, 2022)
- Language: English
- 336 pages
- ISBN-10: 1071855360
- ISBN-13: 978-1071855362
Deliver game-changing―and brain-changing―results for your students.
Research on the brain continues to evolve, providing fresh insights educators can use to guide students toward success. In the sixth edition of this international bestseller, world-renowned educational neuroscience consultant David Sousa once again translates that research into concrete actions and strategies for the classroom.
Featuring important updates and brand-new findings, the latest edition includes:
- A new section on the expansion of SEL to SECL, integrating the cognitive component of social-emotional learning
- Additional research on mindsets―including cautions
- Effective, brain-compatible ways to safely use social media and online learning
- New information on the importance of student engagement, especially through academic teams
- Connections between Bloom’s Taxonomy and current instructional strategies, such as teaming and project/maker learning
David A. Sousa, EdD, is an international consultant in educational neuroscience and author of more than a dozen books that translate brain research into strategies for improving learning. He has presented to more than 200,000 educators across the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. He has taught high school chemistry and served in administrative positions, including superintendent of schools. He was an adjunct professor of education at Seton Hall University and a visiting lecturer at Rutgers University. Dr. Sousa has edited science books and published dozens of articles in leading journals. His books have been published in French, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Korean, and several other languages. He is past president of the National Staff Development Council (now Learning Forward) and has received honorary degrees and awards for his commitment to research, professional development, and science education. He has appeared on NBC’s Today Show and National Public Radio to discuss his work with schools using brain research.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support