Environmental Soil and Water Chemistry: Principles and Applications, ISBN-13: 978-0471165156
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Wiley-Interscience; 1st edition (October 12, 1998)
- Language: English
- 592 pages
- ISBN-10: 0471165158
- ISBN-13: 978-0471165156
An excellent knowledge base in soil and water chemistry –the ideal basic text for students of the environmental sciences.
In Environmental Soil and Water Chemistry, leading soil and water authority V. P. Evangelou presents a complete overview of the principles and applications of soil science, addressing the subject by viewing the interactions between soil and water as a basis for understanding the nature, extent, and treatment of polluted soil and water. The text opens with a discussion of principles–the fundamental tenets of chemistry needed to understand soil and water quality and treatment of polluted resources–and continues with a look at applications for the control and treatment of soil and water. Suitable for advanced undergraduates and beginning graduate students, this extensive, timely volume covers:
* Water chemistry and mineral solubility; soil minerals and surface chemical properties and their behavior; and electrochemistry and kinetics
* The control of agricultural chemical pollution and land disturbance pollution; colloids and transport processes in soils; and technologies for measuring quality and executing treatment
* Specific chemical contaminants and the procedures for their neutralization
In a world where chemical pollutants pose a grave threat to the earth’s natural resources, Environmental Soil and Water Chemistry offers students both an excellent textbook and a handy reference on the wide spectrum of environmental problems they will confront outside the classroom.
V. P. Evangelou, Ph.D., is Professor of Soil and Water Chemistry at the University of Kentucky. A recipient of the Marion L. and Chrystie M. Jackson Award from the Soil Science Society and the Senior Fulbright Award, he is the author of Pyrite Oxidation and Its Control.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support