Environmental Psychology: An Introduction 2nd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1119241089
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Series: BPS Textbooks in Psychology (Book 1)
- 448 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 2 edition (January 22, 2019)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1119241081
- ISBN-13: 978-1119241089
The updated edition of the essential guide to environmental psychology.
Thoroughly revised and updated, the second edition, Environmental Psychology: An Introduction offers an overview of the interplay between humans and their environments. The text examines the influence of the environment on human experiences, behaviour and well-being and explores the factors influencing environmental behaviour, and ways to encourage pro-environmental behaviour. The revised edition is a state-of-the art review of relevant theories and research on each of these topics.
With contributions from an international panel of noted experts, the text addresses a wealth of topics including the main research methods in environmental psychology; effects of environmental stress; emotional impacts and meanings of natural environment experience; aesthetic appraisals of architecture; how to measure environmental behaviour; cognitive, emotional and social factors explaining environmental behaviour; effects and acceptability of strategies to promote pro-environmental factors; and much more. This important book:
- Discusses the environmental factors that threaten and promote human wellbeing
- Explores a wide range of factors influencing actions that affect environmental conditions
- Discusses the effects and acceptability of approaches that aim to encourage pro-environmental behavior
- Presents research results conducted in different regions in the world
- Contains contributions from noted experts
Written for scholars and practitioners in the field, the revised edition of Environmental Psychology offers a comprehensive review of the most recent research available in environmental psychology.
Linda Steg is professor of Environmental Psychology at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
Judith I. M. de Groot is a Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Consumer Behaviour at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support