Computer Science Illuminated 7th Edition by Nell Dale, ISBN-13: 978-1284155617
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 7th edition (January 31, 2019)
- Language: English
- 745 pages
- ISBN-10: 1284155617
- ISBN-13: 978-1284155617
Designed for the introductory computing and computer science course, the student-friendly Computer Science Illuminated, Seventh Edition provides students with a solid foundation for further study, and offers non-majors a complete introduction to computing. Fully revised and updated, the Seventh Edition of this best-selling text retains the accessibility and in-depth coverage of previous editions, while incorporating all-new material on cutting-edge issues in computer science. Authored by the award-winning team Nell Dale and John Lewis, the text provides a unique and innovative layered approach, moving through the levels of computing from an organized, language-neutral perspective.
New & Key Features of the Seventh Edition:
• NEW & REVISED – Includes new and enhanced content on:
o Cloud Computing in Chapter 15
o Big Data in Chapter 12
o Smart Speakers in the home in Chapter 13
o Computer and System Security in Chapter 17
• NEW – Includes all new content in Chapter 6, Low-Level Programming Languages and Pseudocode, with updated examples using the Pep/9 machine
• UPDATED – Ethical Issues at the end of each chapter have been updated to delve into current issues and trends, while new Did You Know boxes and updated biographical sketches reflect the latest information in the field
• UPDATED – Aligns more broadly to the AP Computer Science Principles curriculum
Nell Dale received a B.S. in Mathematics and Psychology from the University of Houston, a M.A. in Mathematics, from the University of Texas at Austin, and a Ph.D. in Computer Sciences from the University of Texas at Austin. Nell Dale has been on the faculty at the University of Texas, Austin since 1975. She teaches occasionally but concentrates on computer science education, writing, traveling, tennis, and bridge — and her family of course.
John Lewis is a leading educator and author in the field of computer science. He has written a market-leading textbook on Java software and program design. After earning his undergraduate degree, M.S., and Ph.D. in computer science at Virginia Tech, John joined the faculty of the Department of Computing Sciences at Villanova University. He has received numerous teaching awards, including the University Award for Teaching Excellence and the Goff Award for Outstanding Teaching. His professional interests include object-oriented technologies, multimedia, and software engineering. In addition to his teaching and writing, John actively participates in the Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE), and finds time to spend with his family or in his workshop.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support